Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thankful

Here's wishing a happy Thanksgiving to all of my readers. I hope that you are enjoying your holiday. I have a lot to be thankful for- I'm doing okay, which is more than a lot of people can say at this time. I've been working the holiday, but that entails being onsite in a beautiful location, enjoying a quiet night. I am 'essential personnel', my department is on a seven day schedule, and we work overnights, I knew going in that working weekends and holidays was in the cards.

I really find it offensive, though, that retail outfits are making their employees work on Thanksgiving night- and I have contempt for people who would buy into this exploitative system by rewarding such stores with their patronage. It's one thing to have gas stations and medical centers open on Thanksgiving, but non-essential businesses shouldn't be treating people this way.

I'm thankful that I'm not working in a big box store.

2 comments:

Harry Hamid said...

I have a friend who works at Walmart, and when I texted him a Happy Thanksgiving, he informed me he'd been working since 7 am.

You're right - the way to end this sort of thing is not to reward it with our patronage.

Hope your holiday went well.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

OOF, that's brutal. I refuse to buy into such an abusive system.