Sunday, December 6, 2015

Happy Hanukkah

Here's wishing a happy Hanukkah to my Jewish readers. I'm not Jewish, but I think I have a decent understanding of the holiday... I'm pretty sure that the Macca Bees fly down the chimneys of people's homes, leaving presents for the good children. Children who have been misbehaving get a visit from this guy. Frankly, I'd rather take my chances with Schmutzli.

I can't top an earlier Hanukkah post, so I won't even try. All joking aside, folks, have a joyous Hanukkah.

2 comments:

Smut Clyde said...

There seems to be divergence on Trump's actual words. Sources working from a Trump-approved transcript have him saying “Is there anyone in this room who doesn’t negotiate deals?"
Others, who subjected themselves to listening to the speech, heard it as "Is there anyone in this room who doesn’t renegotiate deals?"

The latter version manages to convey (1) his pride in reneging on deals, taking people's money and then walking away to leave them with the choice of taking whatever altered terms he offers or pissing away their money in bankruptcy courts; and (2) his certainty that everyone else in the audience must be equally bereft of honour and good faith.

It escapes me quite why people want to listen to election promises from a man who takes pride in the worthlessness of his word.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

The audience booed when Trump wouldn’t commit to Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel

The U.S. position
~