Monday, March 9, 2015

The Runup to St Patrick's Day, a Non-Sinister Band

Fortuitously, while I was searching for the video to embed in Saturday's post, I found out about a two-thirds Irish, one third Cornish (shoutout to Chickpea, who you really should be reading) band named I Am Not Lefthanded. The internet being what it is, I had to seek out the band's music... how could one not seek out a band described thusly?

Playing sparse but uplifting post-grunge music, they’ve been described as sounding like ‘Natalie Merchant fronting Death Cab for Cutie’.

Anyway, here's a pretty, wistful number called Lifelines:





I'm glad I hunted down that old movie clip to embellish Saturday's post. One of the benefits of blogging is that it inspires one to chase down all sorts of leads on the t00bz, sometimes finding things of beauty. In this case, Inigo Montoya did all right by me.

3 comments:

Chickpea said...

Great Celtic collaboration making beautiful music. Thanks for sharing I had not heard of them.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Great Celtic collaboration making beautiful music. Thanks for sharing I had not heard of them.

Don't thank me, thank Inigo Montoya!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I like it!
~