Monday, August 26, 2013

The Company Picnic

Today, the organization is going to have it's staff picnic. It's a great opportunity for everybody from the various sites and divisions to gather together to socialize. Typically, one of my co-workers gives a presentation... we're a talented bunch, all told... and we have a variety of games and activities. This year, there will be a dessert contest and my co-worker **REDACTED** made some strawberry margarita jello shots to enter into the contest. Things should get a little interesting, as most of my co-workers don't seem to be big boozers (I hold up my end of the bargain).

I'm at the tail end of a graveyard shift, so I'll need to shave and clean myself up to make myself presentable before heading to the picnic site. I always bring a change of clothes to work- when there are visitors on site, I wear "business casual", but I change into a T-shirt and gym shorts or sweats when I am alone on site holding down the fort. Today, I'll reverse the trend.

I just hope I don't konk out face-first in the macaroni salad.

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Have some shots for me!

P.S. You need to stay up and take pictures of the other people who pass out...not vicey versey.
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

It's funny, there were a couple of bocce courts set up on the grounds and I witnessed several of my coworkers transform from bocce n00bs to bocce fiends before my very eyes.

The picnic was a lot of fun, and I passed out as soon as I got home and brushed my toofies. Out like a light!

John Going Gently said...

I love the thought of a works picnic
We had one once in my last job, when I was ward manager and it was a lovely experience
That was back in 2000
Hey ho