Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pretty Spooky Coincidence

So... in my blog post for Wednesday, June 12, I brought up the topic of vertical farming, and mentioned Dr Dixon Despommier of Columbia University. While driving to work last night, I was listening to the PBS Newshour, and there was a featured story about vertical farming in Singapore, complete with an appearance by Dr Despommier:


Watch Singapore Looks Skyward to Take Farming in New Directions on PBS. See more from PBS NewsHour.

Pretty spooky, eh? Sometimes I give myself the creeps. Now I want to find out more about vertical farming in Singapore, so I'm putting out a call to the go-to guy on all Singaporean matters, Mr Simon Ooh. If the way to call Batman is to use the bat signal, they way to call Mr Ooh would be to use a durian signal... anybody got a big spotlight and a durian-shaped stencil? Postscript: Mr Ooh's birthday was a couple of days ago... happy birthday!

5 comments:

Dream said...

Haha I saw the Durian signal flashing. You are as zany as I am lolz. Yep Lots of green buildings are popping out in Singapore actually.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Thanks for the visit, Mr Durian! Happy birthday, too. Would you consider a post on Singapore's green buildings?

Dream said...

thx for visiting my blog and happy birthday to you too!
Sure! a post on green building why not? if I happen to chance upon them but i guess It won't be soon Haha.
well let's see.. what I can do..
I'll send you a Big Bad Bald Bastard signal if I post it.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Durians: Tiger-Approved!

I wonder if mah preshus kittehs would eat them...

Look no further than Milwaukee.

Sweet! I bet there's barley and hops growing up there.

I'll send you a Big Bad Bald Bastard signal if I post it.

Excellent! Supervillains beware!

Dream said...

Bee do Bee Do Bee do~
Calling Big Bad Bald Bastard
Finally found the whole episode online
MEGASTRUCTURES - GARDENS BY THE BAY