Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy American Thanksgiving!

Yeah, the economy sucks, and our political system is proving a failure, but there are plenty of things for which to be thankful. If you're reading this, you're alive, and that's a start. I don't really have anything to write about Thanksgiving that would be appreciably different from last year's Thanksgiving post. I especially love having a reason to post Turkish Song of the Damned, a song which is breathtakingly amazing, both musically and lyrically. To think that it was inspired by a drunken misinterpretation of a request for a jokey novelty song boggles the mind. Here it is, in a video which highlights Shane MacGowan's alarming dentition in quite gruesome fashion:





Now, we had our "Turkish Song", now how about a touching love song to listen to after dinner, while sitting before the fireplace? The world can be divided into two broad categories of people- those who realize that Turkey Dinner by the Hoodoo Gurus is the most romantic song ever written, and those who are flirting with a lifetime ban. Once again, the video to Turkey Dinner cannot be embedded, which is something for which I am anything but thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving all, and thanks for reading. You can be assured that I am grateful to be able to interact with such an amazing bunch of people as yourselves.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
I wish that I was stuffing my face with turkey right now but alas.. I've already had my time.. weeks ago. :(
OMG! When are you coming home????!!!

Yeah. Those teeth are bad.
REAL bad. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy, he typed from Ashburn, Va.

(From a Mac, I have no idea how this thing works. I can' control c, control v, or nothing!)
~

Substance McGravitas said...

(From a Mac, I have no idea how this thing works. I can' control c, control v, or nothing!)

The natives kindly showed the pilgrims how to use the command key.

Anonymous said...

The natives kindly showed the pilgrims how to use the command key.

It works! Next thing you know we'll be making cranberry sauce.

I'm still not happy with my tabbed browsing. And can I command key - f5 to reload a page?

Nonny Moose™³²®©
~

Smut Clyde said...

Turkey Dinner by the Hoodoo Gurus

A New Zealand band of course.

Substance McGravitas said...

I'm still not happy with my tabbed browsing.

Chrome is zippier, but I use Firefox with Tab Mix Plus which will awesomify your web experience. No idea what command F5 does as I never do it.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Nonny Mouse sounds alarmingly familiar....

Johnny Pez said...

Happy Thanksgiving, B^4. Despite losing my house in Newport and being forced to relocate, I'm thankful that I was able to keep my job, albeit at a new location. We're short of money as it is, and if I'd had to spend a year looking for work, things would have been pretty bleak.