Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day

I want to take an opportunity to wish all Canadian readers and the shockingly high number of Canadians on the bog-roll a very happy Canada Day. I don't know how Canada Day is typically celebrated, but I imagine it involves a lot of maple syrup, poutine, rye whisky, and socialized medicine. It's too bad I had to return to the job today, because I was in one of the most Canadesque states in the union, and could have been standing in the shadow of the Chateau du Frontenac, guzzling bloody Caesars after a few hours' drive. Sigh... my misfortune was being born beautiful instead of rich.

Enough of my smartassery- happy Canada Day to all my Canuckistani peeps (peops?).

12 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Shock the Canadian!
~

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

I just wanna say congrats on the maple leaves and syrup and coldness and politeness and slightly larger penises. You guys are awesome!

Smut Clyde said...

could have been standing in the shadow of the Chateau du Frontenac

Certain other blogs would have gone for the cheap post title like "I'll cross the frontier at ten".

Mandos said...

Alas I couldn't go back to the Canadian Fatherland for this day. They close down downtown Ottawa and put up all kinds of temporary attractions. OTOH, I missed their highnesses.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I just wanna say congrats on the maple leaves and syrup and coldness and politeness and slightly larger penises. You guys are awesome!

Don't forget the Rush.

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

Can't I?

Hamish Mack said...

Oh yes, I see no one mentions the all-time drop dead Queen of Rock 'n' Roll, CELINE!!!
even with

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Even with a link that is not to Ceiling Cat, no, why would anyone even think so?

P.S. HIGH QUALITY.
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Celine should do a duet with Bob Halford.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

it's hilarious when AK goes all sideways.

Unknown said...

Lately, I will use any excuse to guzzle anything that contains drink-quality alcohol.

Dragon-King Wangchuck said...

Belated murky buckets, hein? And teh same to you for your own day of drunken fireworks.