Saturday, September 4, 2010

Batrachian Buddy

Since I was a small lad, I have always had a fondness (not an overfondness, mind you!) for toads... I also have a fondness for Toad's, but that's not germane to the topic. Tonight, I saw a handsome specimen of the common toad of the Northeastern United States, Anaxyrus americanus (formerly Bufo americanus, but Bufo is more properly applied to them fancy elitist You're-a-Peein' toads), holding court behind my workplace. The site abounds in toads, and sighting them never fails to amuse me. I took this portrait, but it totally fails to capture the pretty, golden eyes of the little beastie:





I didn't want to harass the critter, so I didn't go for a closer picture, and, no, I did not lick the toad in order to get high. Toad-licking is a fool's game and can only lead to heartbreak.

5 comments:

Smut Clyde said...

IN addition to the heartbreak, there is the business of the $335 fine.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I share the fondness for toads, and Toad's Place.
~

Substance McGravitas said...

Candy is dandy
Toad licker is sicker.

fish said...

Toad's Place is AWESOME. Or at least was mumble mumble years ago.

Hamish Mack said...

Oh, so no more Toad-in-the-hole at Riddled Cafe, then.
Oh.